2021 BMW X7 Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $74,900 MSRP*
- Engine options – Turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six or a Twin-Turbo 4.4-liter V8
- Four-corner air suspension
- BMW Dynamic Damper Control with Comfort, Sport, and Eco Pro modes
- Power-folding third row seating
- Standard panoramic glass sunroof spanning across the first and second rows
- 12.3-inch instrument cluster screen and central touchscreen information display with BMW iDrive Controller
- Slim, elongated twin headlights with BMW laser light link to the kidney grille
About the BMW X7
BMW can trace its luxury SUV roots back to the original X5 which launched back in 1999 with the smaller X3 following shortly after. Praised for their sport-focused handling, skeptics began to understand the growing appeal of these capable and stylish models. Since then, anticipation has remained high surrounding the launch of a three-row, full-size SUV.
Despite its full-size stature, the BMW X7 has been engineered with careful consideration of the vehicle’s finesse and agility. Its commanding presence perfectly balances strength with elegance while the available 22 or 23-inch wheels give the X7 a confident stance. Inside, a spacious interior offers an array of advanced tech features to help you stay connected no matter how far out of town you travel.
What the Critics Say
The X7 is built in the same South Carolina factory as the X5 and both have excellent build quality. The X7 is beautiful, resplendent, and wound tighter than a drum. In top trims, it rivals the Rolls-Royce Cullinan—high praise for a BMW.” — The Car Connection
Borrowing partially from the smaller BMW X5 SUV and partially from the upscale BMW 7-series sedan, the X7’s rich interior is well-appointed, tech-packed, and spacious. Plenty of luxury features can be found inside as well, including heated front seats, a panoramic sunroof, a power-adjustable steering wheel, and ambient interior lighting.” — Car and Driver
What’s New for 2021
Several minor changes have been made to the updated 2021 BMW X7. Last year’s xDrive50i has been discontinued along with the rear-seat entertainment system, night vision, off-road package, and ambient air system. Base X7 trims gain a 48-volt mild hybrid system which boosts fuel economy along with a remote start system. Some feature content within optional packages has been shuffled as well. Finally, the new Alpina XB7 debuts atop the X7 lineup with a pulse-pounding LPINA Bi-Turbo V8 and a collection of exclusive Alpina design features found both inside and out.
BMW X7 Features
Demonstrating charisma and character from every angle, the BMW X7 confidently announces your arrival with its signature kidney grilles at the front, bold air inlets, and artfully sculpted profile lines. Generously-sized windows and a standard panoramic glass roof which stretches across the first and second rows help create an incredible sense of airiness for a welcoming environment inside the cabin. Distinctive alloy wheel designs wheel be offered in 22 or 23-inch sizing for a commanding stance even when standing still. An innovative tailgate opening at the rear provides quick access to the cargo area along with an eye-catching complement when viewed from behind.
Modern yet restrained, the interior of the BMW X7 is centered around the driver with a careful consideration given to usability. Its new design language offers generously-sized dash surfaces with pronounced edges. Located in the center of the dash, a 12.3-inch instrument cluster screen with a central touchscreen gives you access to information with ease. Elements including the gear selector, iDrive Controller, and multifunction buttons found on the steering wheel feature partially backlit crystal glass for a subtle minimalist look.
An exhibition in connectivity and tech, the X7 offers BMW Connected to help drivers and passengers stay productive while on-the-go. As an example, highly-personalized digital services offer your choice of infotainment or office content — helping to make every journey both more entertaining and more productive. Experience interactive LED choreography on the doors and instrument panel as they trace the communication flow between the rear screens and the main display at the front. Send a track to the X7’s music system with a touch gesture or transfer an address from your email directly to the navigation system thanks to a unique content sharing ability.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $74,900 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder with xDrive all-wheel-drive system
- 2-axle self-leveling air suspension
- Adaptive LED Headlights and LED fog lights
- Live Cockpit Professional featuring two 12.3-inch displays and multi-input iDrive 7.0 system
- Panoramic moonroof with fully automatic 2-piece glass panel
- Starting at $99,800 MSRP*
- 4.4-liter BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo V8
- 22-inch M V-Spoke Cerium Grey Wheels Style 755M
- M Sport Exhaust System and M Sport Differential
- M Sport brakes
- 20-Way Power Multi-Contour Front Sport Seats with Vernasca Leather Upholstery
- Starting at $141,300 MSRP*
- 4.4-liter BMW ALPINA Bi-Turbo V8, xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive with ALPINA calibration
- Specially designed ALPINA front apron, rear diffuser, and rear spoiler
- 21-inch ALPINA DYNAMIC wheels
- ALPINA quad exhaust system
- Choice of exclusive interior trims: ALPINA Walnut Nature Black, ALPINA Piano Black, or ALPINA Myrtle Wood
- Hand finished ALPINA LAVALINA leather steering wheel with signature Blue and Green stitching
*MSRP excludes destination & handling fee of $995, tax, title, license, and registration.