2019 BMW X7 Review, Specs, Pricing & Trims
- Starting at $73,900 MSRP*
- Engine options – Turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six or a Twin-Turbo 4.4-liter V8
- Four-corner air suspension
- BMW Dynamic Damper Control with Comfort, Sport, and Eco Pro modes
- Power-folding third row seating
- Standard panoramic glass sunroof spanning across the first and second rows
- 12.3-inch instrument cluster screen and central touchscreen information display with BMW iDrive Controller
- Slim, elongated twin headlights with BMW laser light link to the kidney grille
About the BMW X7
BMW can trace its luxury SUV roots back to the original X5 which launched back in 1999 with the smaller X3 following shortly after. Praised for their sport-focused handling, skeptics began to understand the growing appeal of these capable and stylish models. Since then, anticipation has remained high surrounding the launch of a three-row, full-size SUV.
For 2019, BMW has announced the launch of its range-topping X7 SUV. Despite its full-size stature, the BMW X7 has been engineered with careful consideration the vehicle’s finesse and agility. Its commanding presence perfectly balances strength with elegance while the available 22 or 23-inch wheels give the X7 a confident stance. Inside, a spacious interior offers an array of advanced tech features to help you stay connected no matter how far out of town you travel.
What the Critics Say
BMW, the Bavarian company built on a reputation of driving dynamics, has completed one of its biggest challenges to date: the development of a huge, three-row SUV that still drives like a BMW. The 2019 BMW X7 easily becomes the biggest beast in the BMW lineup. Offered as a six- or seven-passenger SUV, it was designed to keep customers from heading to other automakers when they want a full-size family vehicle.” — Motor Trend
Considering some buyers have been crowing for a proper three-row BMW SUV for years, the X7 might feel late to some. But I think its timing is spot on — with BMW’s latest and greatest tech, in addition to its new design language, the X7 is set up to bring the fight to cushy competitors like the Mercedes-Benz GLS and the Range Rover, yet it doesn’t stray from BMW’s requirement that its cars still be fun to drive.” — CNET Roadshow
BMW X7 Features
Demonstrating charisma and character from every angle, the BMW X7 confidently announces your arrival with its signature kidney grilles at the front, bold air inlets, and artfully sculpted profile lines. Generously-sized windows and a standard panoramic glass roof which stretches across the first and second rows help create an incredible sense of airiness for a welcoming environment inside the cabin. Distinctive alloy wheel designs wheel be offered in 22 or 23-inch sizing for a commanding stance even when standing still. An innovative tailgate opening at the rear provides quick access to the cargo area along with an eye-catching complement when viewed from behind.
Modern yet restrained, the interior of the BMW X7 is centered around the driver with a careful consideration given to usability. Its new design language offers generously-sized dash surfaces with pronounced edges. Located in the center of the dash, a 12.3-inch instrument cluster screen with a central touchscreen gives you access to information with ease. Elements including the gear selector, iDrive Controller, and multifunction buttons found on the steering wheel feature partially backlit crystal glass for a subtle minimalist look.
An exhibition in connectivity and tech, the X7 offers BMW Connected to help drivers and passengers stay productive while on-the-go. As an example, highly-personalized digital services offer your choice of infotainment or office content — helping to make every journey both more entertaining and more productive. Experience interactive LED choreography on the doors and instrument panel as they trace the communication flow between the rear screens and the main display at the front. Send a track to the X7’s music system with a touch gesture or transfer an address from your email directly to the navigation system thanks to a unique content sharing ability.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $73,900 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder with xDrive all-wheel-drive system
- 2-axle self-leveling air suspension
- Adaptive LED Headlights and LED fog lights
- Live Cockpit Professional featuring two 12.3-inch displays and multi-input iDrive 7.0 system
- Panoramic moonroof with fully automatic 2-piece glass panel
- Starting at $92,600 MSRP*
- 4.4-liter TwinPower Turbo V-8, xDrive, intelligent all-wheel drive
- Harman Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System with vehicle-specific equalizing
- 3-stage heated front seats
- Parking Assistant Plus with Surround View Cameras with 3-D view and Park Distance Control
- BMW ConnectedDrive® Services
*MSRP excludes destination & handling fee of $995, tax, title, license, and registration.