2020 BMW X6 Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $64,300 MSRP*
- Standard 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder engine with 335 horsepower and 330 lb-ft of torque or available 4.4-liter eight-cylinder TwinPower turbocharged engine with 523 horsepower and 553 lb-ft of torque
- Eight-speed Steptronic Sport transmission and optional xDrive all-wheel drive
- Available Dynamic Handling Package with active roll stabilization and Integral Active Steering
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional with latest-gen iDrive system and 12.3-inch center display
- Standard Frontal Collision Warning with City Collision Mitigation
- Panoramic moonroof
- Optional Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System
About the BMW X6
Now entering its third generation, the all-new BMW X6 builds upon its proven formula of combining the advantages of a Sports Activity Vehicle with the aggressive DNA of a coupe. The X6 captures attention with its bold form complemented by confident, creased body lines that help signify the tremendous capability of this exceptional SAV. Inside, you’ll have luxurious comfort for up to 5 passengers that’s complemented by upscale materials and interior finishes. Regardless of your driving style, the BMW X6 has potent performance capabilities which help it excel across all types of weather and road conditions. You’ll have your choice of two turbocharged TwinPower engines along with the available xDrive all-wheel drive system for superior grip on slippery road surfaces. A true technological marvel, the X6 gives you access to all your favorite apps and media via the latest-generation iDrive system featuring a 12.3-inch display and the dynamic Live Cockpit Professional. New design elements from front-to-rear help showcase the impressive attributes of the all-new BMW X6.
What the Critics Say
The X6’s all about outward appearances. The 2020 version is longer, lower and wider than before, with a sharper nose and can’t-miss gate this time around.” — The Car Connection
Like other large BMW crossovers, the 2020 BMW X6 sports a massive twin kidney grille with its own unique shape, and for the first time, you can opt for an illuminated one. The grille also has active grille shutters that open and close to improve the crossover’s ability to cheat the wind.” — Motor Trend
BMW X6 Features
While the height of the new BMW X6 has been reduced by 0.7 inches for increased aerodynamics, it’s also slightly larger with 1 additional inch of overall length, a 1.6-inch longer wheelbase, and 0.6 inches of extra body width for a bold stance on the road. It’s also the first BMW vehicle to debut the optional illuminated BMW kidney grille. This large, single-piece grille can illuminate by unlocking and locking the vehicle or it can be switched on and off manually. Standard 20-inch alloy wheels can be upgraded even further to 21-inch and 22-inch staggered wheels with performance tires to enhance its handling capabilities. Slim L-shaped LED taillights complements the top of the rear hatch while its signature exhaust surrounds are cleanly integrated into a lower rear diffuser panel.
As has been the tradition with the BMW X6, drivers will have their choice of two powerful powertrains to help them excel in all types of driving situations. Standard power for X6 sDrive40i and xDrive40i models comes in the form of balanced 3.0-liter TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder engine with 335 horsepower and 330 lb-ft of torque. This represents a 33-horsepower and 35 lb-ft of torque increase over the prior generation. Step up to X6 M50i to receive the powerful 4.4-liter eight-cylinder TwinPower turbocharged engine featuring 523 horsepower and 553 lb-ft of torque. Each engine comes paired to an eight-speed Steptronic Sport transmission and be equipped with optional xDrive all-wheel drive. An available factory trailer package gives the BMW X6 a maximum towing capacity of up to 7,200 pounds. The optional Active Roll Stabilization system on the new BMW X6 also increases straight-line comfort by actively countering the vibrations triggered by bumps on one side of the road. Also helping to increase steering response, available Integral Active Steering is able to turn the rear wheels in the same or the opposite direction of the front wheels.
Interior Refinement & Technology
Designed to support every action of the driver, the meticulously-appointed interior of the BMW X6 supports all occupants with impeccable fit and finish. Vernasca Leather, Sport seats, and a Sensatec covered dashboard are standard on all X6 models. You can also step up to Extended Merino Leather and BMW Individual Full Merino Leather upholstery if desired. Standard ambient lighting including Welcome Light Carpet illuminates as you approach the X6. Available thermoelectric heated and cooled cup holders help keep drink containers cool or warm, as desired.
Combining the ultimate in connectivity with technological innovation, the BMW Live Cockpit Professional features the latest iteration of the iDrive system, a 12-inch center display, and a high-resolution digital 12.3-inch instrument panel. The Navigation Professional system, two USB-C ports, and Bluetooth interfaces lets you access your favorite apps and media with ease. To give you a helping hand when you need it the most, the X6 comes standard with driver-assistive technologies including Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning, Pedestrian Warning with City Collision Mitigation, and Speed Limit Information.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $64,300 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder, 24-valve, 335-hp engine
- 8-speed Sport Automatic transmission with Sport and Manual shift modes
- Vernasca Leather upholstery
- Live Cockpit Professional with two 12.3-inch displays and multi-input iDrive 7.0 system
- BMW Extended Ambient lighting
- Starting at $66,600 MSRP*
- xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive system
- 20-inch V-spoke wheels, style 738
- BMW ConnectedDrive® Services and BMW TeleServices
- BMW Active Driving Assistant
- Advanced Vehicle & Key Memory
- Starting at $85,650 MSRP*
- 4.4-liter BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo V-8 engine
- M Sport Differential and M Sport Exhaust
- Adaptive M Suspension and M Sport Brakes
- Harman Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System with vehicle-specific equalizing
- 3-spoke leather-wrapped multi-function M sport steering wheel
*MSRP excludes destination & handling fee of $995, tax, title, license, and registration.