2022 BMW X1 Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $35,400 MSRP*
- 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine with 228 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque and 8-speed STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission
- Optional xDrive All-Wheel-Drive System
- Driving Dynamics Control with ECO PRO, COMFORT and SPORT modes
- BMW ConnectedDrive® Services and Apple CarPlay™ Compatibility
- Active Driving Assistant including Frontal Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, and Speed Limit Info
- BMW Navigation Business with 8.8-inch high-resolution touch display and OTA updates
- BMW Remote Services includes Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Remote Door Unlock and MyBMW App
About the BMW X1
Say hello to the smallest member of the growing Sports Activity Vehicle® family from BMW. The compact X1 offers limitless possibilities for adventure thanks to its potent yet efficient performance capabilities and striking design. Power comes from a standard 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine that offers a blend of exhilaration and fuel economy to take your adventures further than ever before. The bold styling of the X1 is highlighted by distinctive characteristics like Available LED Headlights with Cornering Lights, satin aluminum trim accents, and standard 18-inch alloy wheels.
Inside the cabin, you’ll discover a driver-focused command center that’s packed with the latest in connectivity features. Upholstery choices include durable SensaTec or supple Dakota Leather, each offered in a variety of colors and contrast stitching. Dynamic, capable, and ready to take on whatever your weekend plans have to offer – the BMW X1 continues to set the benchmark for the modern compact luxury SUV.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2022
There are no changes to the successful BMW X1 for the 2022 model year. While it soldiers on unchanged from last year, the X1 remains one of the most popular choices among compact luxury SUV shoppers.
BMW X1 Features
At the heart of every BMW X1 is a 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder 228 horsepower engine paired with an 8-speed STEPTRONIC automatic transmission, delivering the ultimate balance of responsive acceleration and remarkable efficiency. The legendary xDrive all-wheel drive system, standard on xDrive28i models, gives the X1 stability and peace of mind in all weather conditions. Lightweight design, responsive steering, and intelligent braking are only a few highlights of the outstanding driving capabilities found on the X1.
Step inside the BMW X1 and experience a meticulously crafted interior that’s catered to the needs of even the most discerning drivers. Power front seats covered in available Dakota leather put the driver comfortably in control while rear seats with sliding and reclining functions make the rear cabin exceptionally comfortable. The X1 does a phenomenal job balancing sophistication and versatility. With the 40/20/40 split-folding rear seats folded down, the X1 expands to an impressive 58.7 cubic feet of cargo space and adds flexibility for who and what you’re carrying. An available Convenience Tier adds a Panoramic moonroof welcoming in natural sunlight or ambient lighting at night.
The X1 is equipped with advanced technology to help you stay focused on what’s important. The Full-Color Head-up Display projects vital driving information such as speed limits, collision warnings, and navigation guidance directly on the windshield. A touch-sensitive iDrive controller makes navigation and in-car entertainment easy to access while an impressive, standard 8.8-inch BMW Central Instrument Display keeps everything you need in plain sight. Welcome even more cutting-edge technology into your X1 with enticing options such as Wireless Charging and Wi-Fi Hotspot, Apple CarPlay compatibility, and a Harman Kardon surround sound system.
The standard Active Driving Assistant gives drivers the confidence they need to face any obstacle. City Collision Mitigation and Pedestrian Detection keep you aware of your surroundings while driving around the city and automatic high beams illuminate the long road ahead.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $35,400 MSRP*
- 2.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 4-cylinder engine, Front-wheel drive
- Driving Dynamics Control with ECO PRO, COMFORT, and SPORT modes
- BMW ConnectedDrive® Services with Apple CarPlay Compatibility
- BMW Navigation Business with 8.8-inch high-resolution touch display
- Power tailgate
- Starting at $37,400 MSRP*
- xDrive Intelligent All-Wheel Drive
- HiFi Sound System with 7 speakers and 205-watt digital amplifier
- Park Distance Control, front and rear
- Advanced Vehicle & Key Memory
- 18-inch Y-Spoke bi-color wheels, Style 579
*MSRP excludes destination & handling fee of $995, tax, title, license, and registration.