2023 BMW M4 Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2023 BMW M4
- Starting at $74,700 MSRP*
- Standard S58 twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six producing 473 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque paired with 8-Speed M Steptronic or 6-speed manual transmission
- Adaptive M Suspension, M Sport rear differential, and configurable M Drive modes
- Optional M Carbon Ceramic brakes and M Drive Professional
- Power, heated front M Sport seats with lumbar support
- Live Cockpit Professional with iDrive 7 featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- Harman-Kardon surround sound audio
- Connected Package Pro and Connected Drive Services
About the BMW M4
The striking BMW M4 carries on the tradition of stunning design and the iconic power of M that this legendary coupe has become synonymous with. Infused with evocative styling, the new M4 achieves harmony between eye-catching looks and track-tested engineering. Offering pulse-pounding performance, standard power for the BMW M4 comes from a new S58 powerplant delivering 473 horsepower at 6,250 RPM and 406 lb-ft of torque between 2,650 and 6,130 RPM. Drivers will also appreciate other exclusive M Performance features of the M4 to help you experience unparalleled driving bliss.
Step inside the interior to discover an ergonomic interior that strikes a unique balance between creature comforts and high-speed support. Innovative connectivity features such as the Live Cockpit Professional with iDrive 8 help your M4 stay in touch with your social circle no matter how far your travels take you. Eager to experience all that this award-winning sports coupe has to offer? Sewickley BMW is standing by to help you experience what drivers from all across the globe have come to love about the legendary BMW M4.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2023
While the M4 and M4 Competition remain unchanged for 2023, BMW has the special, limited-production M4 CSL variant for 2023. This version has 40 horsepower over the standard Competition, for a total of 543, and reportedly 240 lbs less than the Competition as well. This weight reduction comes from the generous use of carbon fiber, in the roof, hood, trunk, and seats. There is stiffer suspension, carbon ceramic brakes, and stickier tires.
BMW M4 Features
Serving as the beating heart of the BMW M4 is its muscular inline-six engine, a signature component of BMW M models of years past. Your right foot unleashes a precision-built BMW M TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder that’s capable of producing 473 horsepower or up to an astounding 503 horsepower for M4 Competition models. Sure to excite driving enthusiasts, the M4 can be equipped with either a 6-speed manual transmission or an optional 8-speed M STEPTRONIC Transmission for virtually instantaneous gear changes. Additional standard performance attributes of the M4 include the M-tuned chassis, M Sport Differential, and Adaptive M Suspension for remarkable agility and stability at high speeds. Crafted specifically to enhance sound, the M4 also includes a mode-specific exhaust system that includes electrically controlled flaps that adjust based on your selected drive mode.
Complementing the exhilarating performance found under the hood, the race-inspired exterior appearance of the all-new BMW M4 demands attention from all angles. Both stylish and functional, the massive intakes within the front fascia provide adequate airflow to both the low-temperature and high-temperature radiators in the upper part of the grille opening. Increasing handling agility, the M4 features lightweight design elements including the M Carbon Fiber roof complemented by aerodynamic fins. When viewed from behind, the M4 stands out with its integrated diffuser, muscular wheel arches, and streamlined spoiler. Another quintessential styling element of the BMW lineup is the enlarged kidney front grille that now incorporates a sleek, frameless design.
With design cues taken from race-winning BMW vehicles, the cabin of the M4 is carefully constructed to support every action of the driver. Standard M Sport Seats finished in Merino Leather upholstery help hold you firmly in place during high-speed maneuvers. Upgrade to the available electric front M Carbon bucket seats for a combination of race functionality with lightweight design and comfort extended journeys. The standard BMW Live Cockpit Professional with a fully digital 12.3-inch instrument display and a 10.25-inch digital center display places all critical multimedia and drive functions at your fingertips. The driver has the option to use touch control or the iDrive Controller to activate the desired mode for the engine response, damper settings, steering characteristics, and brakes of the all-new BMW M4.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $74,700 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter BMW M TwinPower Turbo 473-hp inline 6-cylinder engine
- M Drive and M Driving Dynamics Control
- 18″/19″ M Double-spoke orbit grey wheels, style 824M, with performance non run-flat tires
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ Compatibility
- Harman Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System with 464-watt amplifier and 16 speakers
- Starting at $82,700 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter BMW M TwinPower Turbo 503-hp inline 6-cylinder engine
- Available xDrive all-wheel drive system
- Carbon fiber-reinforced-plastic roof
- Adaptive M Suspension with electronically controlled dampers
- M Sport Differential
*Manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) excludes destination & handling fee of $995, tax, title, license, and registration. Starting MSRP may vary as a result of equipment capacity restrictions.