2021 BMW 7 Series Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
BMW 7 Series
- Starting at $86,800 MSRP*
- Standard 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder (335 HP) or available 4.4-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo V8 (523 HP), 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder with integrated electric motor (389 HP), or 6.6-liter BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo V12 (601 HP)
- Dynamic Damper Control and two-axle air suspension, available xDrive AWD
- Parking Assistant Plus including Active Park Distance Control, Surround View 3D Camera system, and Back-up Assistant
- Optional Rear Executive Lounge Seating Package with electric reclining individual rear seats and footrest
- Available Autobahn Package with Integral Active steering and Active Comfort Drive with Road Preview
- Standard Harman/Kardon surround sound system
- Wireless Charging, Gesture Control, Wi-Fi Hotspot, and Apple CarPlay with 1-year trial subscription
About the BMW 7 Series
Now in its sixth generation, the BMW 7 Series remains the most technologically advanced flagship luxury sedan on the market. In terms of performance, drivers can choose from turbocharged 6, 8, and 12- cylinder engines joined by a 6-cylinder plug-in-hybrid variant for maximum efficiency and electrified response. BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive adds confidence, traction, and agility to your driving experience. Gracefully-chiseled proportions and alluring bodywork highlight the striking exterior design of the BMW 7 Series. Drivers will have access to the latest BMW iDrive 7 infotainment system in addition to a Mobileye interior camera and available Driving Assistant Professional. Nappa leather upholstery with extended quilting is now available in Mocha and Cognac color choices as part of the optional Luxury Seating Package inside the 7 Series. Thanks to a comprehensive selection of five distinctive trim levels, you’ll have no difficulty finding the right BMW 7 Series for your lifestyle and driving habits.
What the Critics Say
Yes, the 7 Series is a superb vehicle. In BMW’s lineup, this super luxury car represents the best seats in the house. The 7 Series is stately, sumptuous, and serene. Its long-wheelbase body style yields more rear-seat legroom than rivals, and the cabin is brimming with top-notch materials and high-tech features.” — U.S. News & World Report
… the 7 is luxurious, it cruises superbly especially if you engage the various driver assistance systems and let it do some of the work for you and it’s full of useful and not so useful tech. It is a proper piece of executive engineering.” — CarBuzz
What’s New for 2021
Following a mid-cycle refresh last year, the sixth-generation BMW 7 Series returns for 2021 with minor revisions to the model lineup. First, a collection of previously-optional features are now standard on every 7 Series. These newly-standard include the Drive Recorder, remote engine start, and heated armrests. In addition, some of last year’s features have been removed for the new model year. The CD player, night vision system, and Laseright headlamps have been discontinued. The availability of some interior materials, upholstery colors, and exterior paint combinations have been re-shuffled as well.
BMW 7 Series Features
Styling & Performance
As the pinnacle of the BMW sedan lineup, the 7 Series offers dynamic yet contemporary styling that makes a bold statement upon your arrival. Now two inches taller at its highest point, an updated BMW kidney grille offers a more powerful visual presence and offers a larger cooling area for its adjustable vanes. A chiseled hood along with an array of exterior colors and wheel designs provide virtually endless customization options for your 7 Series.
A comprehensive lineup of potent powertrain options helps the BMW 7 Series meet the needs of all types of drivers. Standard power comes in the form of a balanced 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder producing 335 horsepower. Craving more exhilaration? Step up to the available 4.4-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo V8 to receive 523 horsepower. Topping the range is a sophisticated 6.6-liter BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo V12 with 601 horsepower that’s truly among the last of its kind in the luxury sedan segment. If you’re searching for the ultimate in efficiency, choose the optional 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder with an integrated electric motor which delivers 389 horsepower.
Capable BMW xDrive all-wheel drive helps provide stability and grip across the entire spectrum of road conditions.
Interior refinement and first-class comfort remain hallmark characteristics of the BMW 7 Series lineup. You’ll have your choice of standard Dakota leather upholstery, optional Nappa leather, or exclusive Individual Merino full leather trim with extended quilting – each available in an array of distinctive colors to suit your tastes. Available as an optional package in the 750i xDrive and M760i xDrive, the Rear Executive Lounge Seating appointments maximize the luxury and passenger comfort for those riding in the back. An available rear-seat entertainment experience includes twin 10-inch full HD displays with a Blu-Ray player along with a BMW Touch Command tablet. Use the latest iteration of BMW iDrive 7.0 to configure ambient lighting settings to add an atmospheric effect inside the cabin. The groundbreaking BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant can respond to your inquiries when you say “Hey BMW”. Get directions, get explanations for how to use key functions, receive important vehicle information, and customize your drive with this innovative feature found inside the 7 Series.
A comprehensive collection of standard and available driver assistance systems helps elevate the BMW 7 Series above its competition. Standard on every trim is the Active Driving Assistant package with includes Collision and Pedestrian Warning with City Braking function, Lane Departure Warning Blind Spot Detection, Speed Limit Info, Cross Traffic Alert, and Rear Collision Preparation. For improved focus and driver visibility in low-light conditions, you can choose the optional BMW Head-Up Display. Unique to the full-size luxury segment, the available Parking Assistant Plus includes an ingenious Back-Up Assistant feature. It’s the only one of its kind that includes an automated reversing function. Panorama View and 3D Top View features are used to depict a 360° image of the vehicle and its surroundings from different perspectives in the Control Display for added confidence.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $86,800 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder engine with 335 horsepower
- Driving Dynamics Control with ECO PRO, ADAPTIVE, COMFORT, COMFORT+, SPORT modes
- 20-way power Multi-contour front seats with Dakota Leather upholstery
- Harman Kardon® Surround Sound Audio System
- Live Cockpit Professional featuring multi-input iDrive 7.0 system
- Starting at $89,800 MSRP*
- xDrive all-wheel-drive system
- Icon Adaptive LED Headlights with automatic high beams
- Connected Package Professional
- 12.3-inch Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster
- Panoramic moonroof with fully automatic, 2-piece glass panel
- Starting at $95,900 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder with integrated electric motor (389 horsepower)
- J1772 AC Charging (3.7 kW) with 10.3 kWh high-voltage lithium-ion battery pack
- BMW iPerformance design elements
- BMW eDrive Services including range and charging status display, charging station search, charging timer, and cabin preconditioning
- BMW Remote Services includes Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Remote Door Unlock and BMW Connected App
- Starting at $103,000 MSRP*
- 4.4-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo V8 engine with 523 horsepower and xDrive all-wheel drive
- 2-axle self-leveling air suspension
- 19-inch Double Spoke light alloy wheels (Style 630)
- Nappa Leather seating upholstery
- BMW Active Driving Assistant
- Starting at $157,800 MSRP*
- 6.6-liter BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo V12 engine with 601 horsepower
- 20-inch Double Spoke light alloy wheels (Style 760M)
- Alcantara® headliner in coordinating upholstery color
- Massaging front seats, ventilated front/rear seats
- Pathway Lighting feature, programmable via Advanced Vehicle & Key Memory
*MSRP excludes destination & handling fee of $995, tax, title, license, and registration.