2021 BMW 4 Series Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
BMW 4 Series
- Starting at $45,600 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter 4-cylinder BMW TwinPower turbocharged engine with 255 horsepower / 294 lb-ft of torque and 8-speed sport automatic transmission with launch control
- Available 3.0-liter inline 6-cylinder BMW TwinPower turbocharged engine and new 48-volt mild-hybrid system with 382 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque (M variants)
- 5.2 inches longer, 1.0 inch wider, 0.4 inches taller, and features a 1.6-inch longer wheelbase than the previous generation (4 Series Coupe)
- Redesigned exterior featuring a new BMW kidney grille design
- Standard iDrive 7 with intuitive operation and individually configurable content
- Standard driver-assist systems including lane departure warning with steering correction, pedestrian warning with braking function, blind spot detection, and rear cross traffic alert
- Available Live Cockpit Professional with 10.25-inch center touchscreen control display and a fully digital 12.3-inch instrument display
About the BMW 4 Series
Now entering its second generation, the all-new 2021 BMW 4 Series returns to retain its position at the top of its segment with breathtaking design, sport-focused driving dynamics, and inspired technology. Its stunning new exterior look is complemented by a revised BMW kidney grille design which is now more prominent than ever before. Longer, wider, and taller than the prior generation — the 2021 4 Series is poised to offer a more engaging driving experience. Two new BMW TwinPower turbocharged engine options are more powerful and more efficient than the outgoing versions, helping you enjoy every mile of your drive. Carefully tailored to the needs of the driver, the luxurious cabin of the 4 Series features an impressive balance of ergonomics and cutting-edge tech features. For drivers who demand the most from their vehicles, the obvious choice is the all-new BMW 4 Series.
BMW 4 Series Features
Striking a balance between visual harmony and aerodynamics, the bold new look of the BMW 4 Series offers a glimpse into the next generation of BMW design language. At the front is a newly-designed BMW kidney grille which provides adequate cooling for the more powerful engines. Clean, minimalist character lines flank the sides of the 4 Series Coupe while its muscular fenders are reminiscent of sports coupes from decades past. Body panels are made from hot-stamped steels, multi-phase steels, and aluminum alloys to help reduce weight while providing for the most rigid platform possible. Standard 18-inch alloy wheels and available 19-inch wheels give the BMW 4 Series a commanding stance on the road.
Thrilling Performance & Driving Dynamics
Standard power for the BMW 4 Series comes in the form of a balanced 2.0-liter 4-cylinder BMW TwinPower turbocharged engine that produces 255 horsepower and 294 lb-ft of torque. Stepping up to the M440i xDrive Coupe means that you’ll enjoy the pulse-pounding 3.0-liter inline 6-cylinder BMW TwinPower turbocharged engine producing 382 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque. Both engines come paired with a responsive 8-speed sport automatic transmission with launch control. Also available on the 4 Series is the legendary BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel-drive system which helps to sharpen the car’s handling properties. Increased shock damping forces, firmer springs, and larger anti-roll bars help provide more engaging handling and agility for the new BMW 4 Series.
Every BMW 4 Series Coupe comes standard with the iDrive 7 system featuring Navigation and new BMW Maps. You can interact with this system with touchscreen center control display, the iDrive controller, the multifunction buttons on the steering wheel, and via the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant. Interior upholstery choices include standard SensaTec in a choice of Canberra Beige or Black or available Vernasca Leather. You can customize the look of the interior with a variety of authentic materials and finishing accents such as Open Pore Fine Wood Maple trim or Aluminum trim with mesh effect. Since even the best drivers need a helping hand from time to time, BMW has equipped the 4 Series with a comprehensive list of driver-assistive safety features to help you stay one step ahead of danger.
4 Series Convertible
Experience top-down exhilaration and first-class prestige with the dynamic BMW 4 Series Convertible. Its sleek silhouette is complemented by a precision-tailored top, preserving its confident stance. In a matter of seconds, the top lowers to allow drivers to enjoy unbridled views of their surroundings and take in the evocative note of the 4 Series exhaust system. Designed to reduce wind noise when upright, the convertible top is the perfect solution for preserving the luxurious feel of the cabin in all weather conditions. The 4 Series convertible was carefully engineered with a stiffened chassis along with a wider front track than the prior generation, providing agile handling and responsive feedback at all speeds.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $45,600 MSRP*
- 2.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 4-cylinder
- Driving Dynamics Control with ECO PRO, COMFORT, SPORT and SPORT+ modes
- SensaTec Upholstery
- Advanced Vehicle & Key Memory
- Live Cockpit Plus
- Starting at $53,100 MSRP*
- Power retractable fabric top with wind deflector
- HiFi Sound System with 205-watt digital amplifier and 10 speakers
- Extra-lightweight chassis components, tailored axle kinematics, and high-precision steering system
- Dynamic Cruise Control
- Rear-view Camera