2023 BMW M3 Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2023 BMW M3
- Starting at $72,800 MSRP
- Standard S58 twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six producing 473 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque paired with 8-Speed M Steptronic or 6-speed manual transmission
- Adaptive M Suspension, M Sport rear differential, and configurable M Drive modes
- Power, heated front M Sport seats with lumbar support
- Live Cockpit Professional with iDrive 8 featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- Harman-Kardon surround sound audio
- Connected Package Pro and Connected Drive Services
- Optional M Carbon Ceramic brakes and M Drive Professional
- Optional all-wheel drive for Competition models
About the BMW M3
The BMW M3 has long been the benchmark for its segment, a luxury sedan with a focus on performance that its competitors simply can’t touch. Decades of motorsport experience went into its development, and the M3 remains a favorite for privateer racing teams. At the heart of the M3 is the 3.0-liter BMW M TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder engine. This produces 473 horsepower, and 406lb-ft of torque that plateaus at 2,650 rpm and stays constant all the way up to 6,130 rpm.
Other exclusive M Performance features of the BMW M3 help you experience exhilaration at every opportunity. Inside the cabin, a bespoke interior provides the driver with all the tools necessary to experience unbridled driving passion. Cutting-edge tech such as the Live Cockpit Professional with iDrive 8 help the M3 stay connected to your social circle no matter how far the journey takes you. Ready to write your own chapter in the storied legacy of the iconic BMW M3? Sewickley BMW is standing by to help you get behind the wheel of one of the most awarded sports sedans in automotive history.
What the Critics Say
What’s New For 2023
The M3 got a complete redesign just two years ago, so for 2023, the only major change is that the large BMW Curved Display is now standard for all trims. But 2023 is still important, as BMW is celebrating the 50th anniversary of the M division. This celebration takes the form of a very limited special edition called the M3 Edition 50 Jahre BMW M. It comes in one of five different colors, one for each decade, and it includes special matte grey wheels. There are a number of carbon fiber trim pieces, and a special black Extended Merino leather is used for the interior, along with tri-color M stitching. Only 500 of these special editions are coming to North America, so act fast.
BMW M3 Features
One signature characteristic of the BMW M3 has historically been its potent inline-six engine. Today’s M3 carries on this tradition with a precision-built BMW M TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder that’s capable of producing 473 horsepower or up to an astounding 503 horsepower for M3 Competition variants. Designed for performance purists, the standard manual transmission in the M3 puts the driver in complete control or choose the available 8-speed M STEPTRONIC Transmission for virtually instantaneous gear changes. Other standard performance features found on the M3 include the M-tuned chassis, M Sport Differential, and Adaptive M Suspension for remarkable agility and poise at high speeds. Tuned specifically to enhance sound, the M3 also includes a mode-specific exhaust system featuring electrically controlled flaps that adjust based on drive mode settings.
To match the thrilling performance found beneath the hood, the track-inspired look of the BMW M3 captures attention from every angle. Equally as functional as they are stylish, enlarged front intakes ensure a sufficient flow of air to the low-temperature and high-temperature radiators in the upper part of the grille opening. Lightweight construction, including the M Carbon Fiber roof complemented by aerodynamic fins, makes the M3 more agile than ever. A revised rear bumper design with integrated diffuser, muscular wheel arches, and streamlined spoiler round out the confident stance of the M3 when viewed from behind. The signature BMW kidney front grille now features a frameless design to announce your arrival behind the wheel of your M3.
Inspired by BMW racing models, the interior of the all-new M3 places the driver at the center of attention. Standard M Sport Seats with illuminated badges are finished in Merino Leather upholstery for even more stylish support. Upgrade to the available electric front M Carbon bucket seats for a combination of racing functionality with lightweight design and comfort over long distances. The standard BMW Curved Display joins together the 12.3-inch Digital Instrument Cluster and the 14.9-inch Central Information Display, and places all critical multimedia and drive functions within arm’s reach. The driver has the flexibility to use touch control or the iDrive Controller to activate the desired mode for the engine response, damper settings, steering characteristics, and brakes of the all-new BMW M3.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $72,800 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter BMW M TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder producing 473 horsepower
- 0-60 in 4.1 seconds
- Track-ready cooling system
- M door-sill finishers, M footrest, M gear shift lever and M specific design elements
- Harman Kardon Surround Sound Audio System with 464-watt amplifier and 16 speakers
- Starting at $76,700 MSRP*
- Engine retuned to produce 503 horsepower
- Optional xDrive all-wheel drive system
- Sport exhaust system with quad tailpipes and black chrome-plated exhaust tips
- M Drive and M Driving Dynamics Control
- M Compound 4-wheel ventilated anti-lock disc brakes (ABS) with Dynamic Brake Control (DBC)
*Manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) excludes destination & handling fee of $995, tax, title, license, and registration. Starting MSRP may vary as a result of equipment capacity restrictions.